Parent Page | Keeping you Connected, Equipped, and Informed
Subscribe to our Parent Connection regular emails below.
Family Devotions and Activities
- Take 5 Family Time: A simple 5 step process from YouthFront for connecting with each other and God as a family.
- Daily Devotions --- Devotions for your family from HomeWord Center for Youth and Family. Delivered to your inbox daily. A host of other resources on pressures teens face, questions they have, and how to help them.
- Daily Touchpoints -- Four easy ways have intentional spiritual conversations with with your kids.
Youth Culture, Trends, and Teen Issues
- The Source for Parents -- Brief articles on the latest youth trends, issues they face, and tips for parents. Free email subscriptions available.
- The Center for Parent/Youth Understanding -- Articles about latest trends, issues, news affecting teens. Media discernment guides and books. Free email subscriptions available.
- Sticky Faith Parenting -- Resources to help parents build faith that sticks with their teenagers.
- Digital Kids Initiative – Providing information and resources to help kids navigate their digital world. (e.g. help with social media guidelines, smartphones, cyberbullying, internet porn, and much more)
- Internet Accountability and Content Filtering – www.covenanteyes.com (fee-based subscription) x3watch.com (free version and paid version)
Media Reviews, Evaluation, and Quick Tips
- The Source for Parents -- Reviews of music, movies, Netflix shows, and video games from a Christian perspective along with questions for discussion starters about them.
- Plugged-In Onlne -- Focus on the Family’s site with tons of reviews: movies, music, tv shows, games, etc
- Common Sense Media -- More movie reviews that break down each element of the movie
- Evaluating and Discussing Movies -- Check out these movie reviews and “quick questions” for discussing with your child the messages in the movies they watch.
- Quick Tips -- Short videos from Common Sense Media with practical advise for parents on dealing with a wealth of issues related to the media and your teenagers.
Books – check them out from our Church Library (2nd floor hallway) along with many other great books
...and more added regularly. Come by to check 'em out and/or just chat with Jeff.
Books For Students (in Jr High Youth Room)
- Lots of books on issues they face (relationships, choices, temptation, identity, purpose), how to grow spiritually, and lots of devotional books they can use. See a partial list here.